Your team will create a software application that will help Nigerian entrepreneurs pitch their
businesses to prospective investors/funders to gain funding.
This application should be able to vet businesses that are legit using a unique system while also
allowing individual investors track all investments.
To ensure there is transparency and order, we have stipulated guidelines for all
participants of the hackathon and the attendees too.
- Individuals or groups from all backgrounds, genders, and geographies are welcome to participate in the hackathon.
- Committee members are not eligible to participate in the hackathon. However, they can assist teams as mentors during the coding/development phase.
- Participants must be from Nigeria. The prize won will be funded to a central account.
- Teams can consist of a single person to as many people as possible.
- Changes to team members are not permitted after entering into the competition.
- Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis as decided by the rules of committee.
- No development may start before the actual date and time of the event. Any team that violate this rule will be automatically disqualified. The first line of code should be written on or after September 7th, 2022 after the team has been registered. However, we encourage you to brainstorm ideas and create wireframes/mockups.
- CMS Development tool like wordpress, No code tools (drag and drop) are prohibited
- Any other software development tools, game engine, IDE, and/or programming language can be used for the event. If a team member uses a purchased tool licensed to him or her and the license is not transferable to other members, the members of the team must choose one available to all developer teams.
- To ensure a level field for all contestants, you are permitted to use publicly developed and openly licensed API’s and SDKs for your project.
- Assets, SDKs, APIs or other tools or components available under a trial license may be used.
- A team can submit only one entry for the hackathon. Participation at the hackathon is subjected on a “per-team” basis meaning you are not allowed to be on more than one team at the event.
- A team can submit only one entry for the hackathon. Submitting more than one entry automatically disqualifies all your entries.
- Participation at the hackathon is subjected on a “per-team” basis, meaning you are not allowed to be on more than one team at the event.
- A team may not code applications that violate the code of conduct. For example, racially insensitive ideas for an application will automatically be disqualified.
- Registration - 31st July to 14th August, 2022.
- Submission of Prototype - 20th to 30th August, 2022.
- Coding 7th September - 12th October, 2022.
- Announcement of winners - 18th October, 2022.
- Award Day -22nd October, 2022.
How the Hackathon will be conducted
- This hackathon will be conducted virtually for all qualified candidates.
- Every candidate would ensure they adhere strictly to the guidelines to avoid getting disqualified at any stage of the process.
- Each qualified team will be contacted to know the next line of action.
There will only be one winner for this hackathon on the-winner-takes-it-all basis. The winner will be awarded the sum of N1,000,000.00 (One Million Naira, only)
paid into a Nigerian account (tax-deductible).